For the Gnocchi
- Potato Gnocchi: Steam 3 potatoes, let rest, and rice the peeled potatoes when tender, in a bowl, mix with 1/2 cup milk, 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, I tsp salt and 1 cup flour. After a ball is formed, add 2 eggs, 1 at a time.
- Form the Gnocchi: Roll the dough into 3/4 inch ropes 1 foot long. Sprinkle with flour and cut the dough into 1/2 inch lengths. Place on a floured parchment paper lined sheet tray and freeze.
- Cook the Gnocchi: Drop the gnocchi into boiling salted water. They are done when they just begin to float. Toss with a sauce of choice.
For the Bolognese
- Sauté the pancetta in a heavy bottomed rondeau then add the veal and the white wine.
- Add the mirepoix, tomatoes, and the heavy cream
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the volume reduce by 1/3
- Add the nutmeg and the garlic.
For the Broccoli Cream Sauce
- Sauté the garlic and add in the fresh cream, Romano cheese and nutmeg.
- Salt and pepper to taste.