Hash Brown Casserole With Ham, Leeks, Pepper Jack Cheese
- 5 pounds shredded Idaho® Potatoes (frozen or refrigerated or dehy)
- 8 ounces clarified butter
- As needed seasoning salt, pepper
- As needed chopped parsley and chives
- 2 each fresh leeks, white to light green only, sliced thinly, and washed well
- 1 pound dry cure or honey cured ham, diced 1/4 inch.
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves , lightly chopped
- To taste fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pounds grated pepperjack cheese
- As needed food release spray
- Heat a flat griddle to medium high.
- Add 2/3 of the clarified butter to the griddle, spread over the surface.
- Add the potatoes to the griddle, drizzle with remaining butter, and season to taste.
- Cook the potatoes until golden throughout, remove from griddle, reserve.
- Cook the leeks and ham on the griddle quickly until the leeks are softened, season to taste and add the fresh thyme, remove from the griddle, reserve.
- Spray a 2 inch hotel pan lightly with the Food Release.
- Layer the pan with potatoes, then ham and leeks, and finally cheese.
- Sprinkle liberally with more herbs.
- Bake at 375 °F, until cheese is melted, serve.
Yield: (1) - 2" Hotel Pan
Bon Appetit Management
Ft. Wayne, IN
Share this Recipe