Halibut with a Potato Crust, Potato Smoked Bacon Hash and a Poached Egg, Parsley and Lemon Brown Butter
For the Halibut
- 4 3 oz square cut filters
- 2 each Idaho® potatoes
- 1 head frisee lettuce
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 each lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
For the Hash
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1 each yellow bell pepper
- 2 each medium Idaho® potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 8 leaves basil
- 3 strips thick cut smoked bacon
- 1 each medium sweet (Vidalia) onion
For the Egg
- 4 each large eggs
- 1 quart boiling water
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- Peel and slice the potatoes, very thin.
- Single wrap the filets.
- Sear to a golden brown in brown butter and reserve.
- Dice the peppers, onions and potatoes 1/3" X 1/3" X 1/3" and the bacon. You will need:
- * 2 cups potatoes
- * 1/2 cup red and 1/2 cup yellow peppers
- * 3/4 cup onion
- * 3/4 cup bacon
- Chop the garlic
- In a non-stick pan sauté the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the fat, add the potatoes. Sautee until brown and cooked reserve.
- Add a little butter. Add the onion and peppers. Sautee and when 3/4 cooked, add the herbs and garlic.
- Add the potatoes and bacon.
- Poach the egg.
- Finish the fish in the oven at 425ºF.
- To plate, place the hash on the plate, top with frisee and the fish, top with the egg.
- Bring the brown butter back to the flame, brown well. Add the parsley and lemon juice. Top the egg with the butter and serve.
You will need a Japanese mandolin or slicer.