Green Chile Idaho® Potato Soufflé
- 2 pounds Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- ½ cup finely grated Colby Jack cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- In a large saucepan with enough water to cover, cook potatoes, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer potatoes to the bowl of a stand mixer, and using the paddle attachment, beat potatoes on low speed. Add butter, salt and pepper and beat until incorporated. Gradually beat in milk, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Heat oven to 325° F. Grease a 2-quart serving dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until light, about 2 minutes. Gently fold beaten yolks into the potatoes. Next, fold in green chiles, grated cheese, onions and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; then gently fold the egg whites into the potato mixture.
- Transfer potato mixture to the greased serving dish. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set and the edges are golden brown. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8-10 servings