Greek Idaho® Potato Salad
- 4 medium Idaho Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 ounces green beans, stem ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes about 12 minutes, until crisp-tender. Add green beans and cook 2 minutes longer. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Add potatoes and green beans and toss gently to coat.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and dill; tossing gently. Cool to room temperature. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until serving time. At serving time, spoon onto serving plates and sprinkle the feta over.
Yield: 8 servings
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)