Fingerling Potatoes with Shishito Peppers and Asian Spices
- 2 lbs. Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes
- 4 oz. shishito peppers
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons shichimi togarashi
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash potatoes and slice in half lengthwise. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with canola, togarashi, shishito peppers and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lay potatoes on a parchment-lined sheet pan and roast until easily pierced with a knife (30 minutes)
- Melt butter and add grated ginger to the butter. Let it sit to infuse the butter while the potatoes are roasting.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven and let cool enough to handle. Toss in the ginger butter and serve warm.
To make the shichimi togarashi
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel
- 1 tablespoon ground red chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon flaked nori
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Grind together to a coarse consistency and store in an airtight container.