Baked Potato Chips With Asian BBQ Mix
Extra crispy, smoky, and flavorful – this easy and fun recipe will make you devour tons of potatoes chips, in a healthy way!
Read Maggie's entire post here.
- 4 Idaho® russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
BBQ Mix Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- (Optional) 1/2 cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice
- Preheat oven to 425 °F convection. Spray or brush a thin layer of olive oil onto a large baking sheet.
- Slice potatoes into 1/8-inch thick pieces with a mandoline or handheld slicer.
- Add sliced potatoes into a large bowl and cover with ice water. Let sit for 5 minutes, drain, and pat dry with paper towel.
- Bake potato slices by small batches. Place potato slices onto a large baking sheet. Brush with a thin layer of oil. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 12 to15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of the BBQ mix and gently toss to mix well. Transfer potato chips to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and dust with more BBQ mix as needed.
- Bake the remaining potatoes using the same method.
- Serve as a snack or side.