California Tots Casserole
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 2/3 cups water
- 7 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound 6 ounces fresh carrot coins
- 2 pounds 13 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 2 pounds 13 ounces frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 pounds frozen potato puffs
- Sauté onions in margarine until translucent.
- Blend 2 cups of water into flour mixture to make a paste. Blend remaining flour, thyme, oregano, paprika, curry and mustard; stir until smooth. Cook for 20 minutes stifling frequently.
- Stir constantly while adding remaining water and milk. Cook until mixture thickens.
- Cook carrots until tender crisp; drain. Thaw and drain cauliflower and broccoli. Add vegetables to sauce.
- Scale 6 pounds of vegetable mixture into each of two greased 12" x 10" x 2" pans, top each pan with 1 1/2 pounds potato puffs. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are browned; serve hot.