Baked Potato Cookies with Sour Cream & Chives
- 2 Medium Size Idaho® Russet Potatoes
- 2 each Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/3 cup Margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
- 3 Tablespoons Chives, chopped & dried
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes,
- Put in pot and COVER with water,
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Drain and cover with cold water. DRAIN again.
- Mash potatoes slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In processor, Beat eggs.
- Add sugar, sour cream, margarine and vanilla BEAT until smooth.
- In separate bowl, Mix flour, baking soda, nutmeg and chives.
- Add 2 cups mashed potatoes and mix gently.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture in two batches,
- DO NOT OVER PROCESS.
- Drop, by Tablespoons, onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes or until just turning golden brown.
- Serve warm. Cookies can be reheated once they have cooled. (Microwave on high - 10 seconds). Or serve cool.
Yield: Serves 20 (80 cookies)
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)