Twice Air-Fried Vegan Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes
The only thing better than a baked potato is a baked potato filled with a cheesy mash and baked again. In this recipe we’re going to ditch the oven and do it all in our air fryer! The air fryer makes the whole cooking process go faster and crisping it up in the process. You can mix in any of your favorite herbs or spices and even a little shredded vegan cheese if you want.
- 2 large Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale
Optional Topping Ingredients
- 1¼ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- Smoked salt and pepper
- Chopped chives, parsley or another favorite fresh herb
- Rub each potato with oil on all sides.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F unless your model doesn’t require it. Once it’s hot, add the potatoes to your air fryer basket.
- Set the cooking time to 30 minutes and when the time is up, turn the potatoes over and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Note: Depending on the size of your potatoes you may need to cook an additional 10-20 minutes. You’ll know that they are ready when you can pierce it easily with a fork.
- Let the potatoes cool enough that you can touch them without burning yourself.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the middle of the potato while leaving enough to create a stable shell of the potato skin and a thin layer of the white part.
- Mash the scooped potato, vegan yogurt, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and fill the potato shells with the mixture.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to cook all 4 halves at the same time or you may have to cook 2 of them at a time.
- Cook on 350°F (or as close as your air fryer can be set to that) for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the topping options of your choice and enjoy!