Slow Cooker Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Idaho® Potato Soup
- 2 pounds Idaho® Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1½ - 2 pounds smoked sausage cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup diced sweet peppers
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash or other all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes, onions, peppers and smoked sausage in slow cooker. Mix broth, heavy cream, and cornstarch together and pour over potato mixture. Add seasonings and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are cooked through and fork tender.
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings