Loaded Ranch Duchess Idaho® Potatoes
- 5 pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 package powdered ranch dip mix
- 5 slices bacon, cookies and finely chopped
- 2 stalks green onion, finely minced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large stockpot, add quartered potatoes. Fill the stockpot with cold water until potatoes are covered. Cover the stockpot with a lid and bring the potatoes to a boil. Boil until the potatoes are fork tender. A fork should be able to pass through the potato without the potato falling apart. Drain potatoes.
- Pour potatoes into a large mixing bowl, or a stand mixer bowl outfitted with a paddle attachment. Turn mixer onto low, or using potato mash, mash potatoes until they are smooth. Add in butter, cream cheese and half and half and mix in. Once incorporated, sprinkle in pepper, and powdered ranch dip mix, stir in. Finally, mix in bacon, green onion and cheddar cheese. Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Outfit a piping bag, like one used in cake decorating, with a coupler and a large tip with a wide decorative pattern. Fill the piping bag with the mixed potatoes and pipe into tall round stacks onto a non-stick baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick spray.
- Bake until potatoes turn golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from baking sheet with a spatula and serve immediately.
Yield: 24-30 Loaded Duchess Potatoes