Roquefort Scalloped Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10-11 oz Roquefort or good blue cheese
- 4 lbs Idaho® Russet Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix first 5 ingredients (cream through salt) in large pot. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add half of the cheese; whisk until smooth. Chill remaining cheese.
- Mix the sliced potatoes thoroughly with the cream mixture. Spread evenly in a prepared cooking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking until potatoes are very tender and liquid bubbles thickly, about 50 minutes.
- Dot potatoes with remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese softens, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
New Orleans, LA