Cheesy Idaho® Potato Hashbrown Muffins
- 5 eggs
- 2 ounces plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 ounces whole butter
- 2 ounces diced onion
- 2 ounces diced red and yellow peppers
- 3 large Idaho® potatoes, shredded
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Montery Jack cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- Beat eggs, yogurt, sea salt, ground pepper and chives together.
- In large skillet, melt whole butter, saute' peppers and onions for about 2 minutes. Add shredded Idaho® potatoes and saute' until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly to touch.
- Using regular flexi muffin molds, place approximately 1 1/2 ounces of potato mixture in each section; manipulate mixture so it coats the bottom and sides of each mold, forming a cup.
- Combine cheeses and place about 1/2 ounce into each "cup"; top with more potato mixture.
- Stir egg mixture and carefully pour into each mold; do not overfill.
- Bake at 350*F for approximately 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted.