Idaho® Potato Dumplings with Litehouse® Ranch Sauce
Crispy herbed Idaho® russet potato dumplings are topped with an option of creamy Litehouse® Ranch sauces and various flavorful toppings.
- 4 large Idaho® russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, plus more for water and post-seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Litehouse® freeze-dried sage
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil, for cooking
- Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch sauce, see flavor combinations below
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, add potatoes and cook until fork-tender.
- Mash until no lumps remain and combine the remaining ingredients. Knead well until combined.
- Form into 1-ounce dumplings and drop into boiling salted water. Remove once the dumplings float, about 4 minutes.
- Reserve until ready to use or cover and refrigerate. Par-cooked dumplings will hold for 2-3 days.
- To serve, preheat a large skillet with a splash of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add dumplings and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and top with your favorite toppings.
Loaded Breakfast Dumplings – Idaho russet potato dumplings topped with diced ham, sausage, egg, cheese, bell peppers and smoky Litehouse Chipotle Buttermilk Ranch sauce.
Litehouse Chipotle Buttermilk Ranch Sauce Recipe: Mix 4 cups Litehouse Buttermilk Ranch dressing with 1 cup canned chipotle in adobo until smooth in a blender.
Pizza Dumplings – Idaho russet potato dumplings topped with melted mozzarella, minced pepperoni, minced sausage, herbs, Litehouse Marinara Ranch sauce and crispy Parmesan crumbles.
Litehouse Marinara Ranch Sauce Recipe: Mix 4 cups Litehouse Homestyle Ranch dressing with 3 cups marinara in a blender until smooth.
Buffalo Chicken Dumplings – Idaho russet potato dumplings topped with Litehouse Buffalo Ranch sauce tossed chicken, melted cheddar cheese and sliced green onion.
Litehouse Buffalo Ranch Sauce Recipe: Mix 1 cup Litehouse Homestyle Ranch dressing with 2 tablespoons Franks Red Hot Sauce in a blender until smooth.