Mediterranean Herb and Pesto Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 ounce fresh shallot, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with fennel, shallot, 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Rub remaining tablespoon of olive oil on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet. Spread potato mixture on baking sheet and roast, tossing after 15 minutes. Continue cooking until potatoes are nicely browned and tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 30 minutes more.
- While potatoes are still hot, place in a large bowl and toss with marjoram, oregano, scallions and pesto. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Quaker State & Lube
Vice President of Product Development