Masala Idaho® Potato Salad
This potato salad combines a simple summer classic with Indian spices and a creamy cilantro cashew sauce, making it a delicious and healthy plant-based side dish to take to your next summer barbeque.
Read Sapana's full post here.
- 3 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Cilantro Cashew Sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 30 minutes and rinsed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and let them for about 15 minutes until they are cooked through. Use a fork or toothpick to test. Remove the potatoes from the water and let them cool down.
- While the potatoes cook, bring a second pot of water to a boil. Blanch the green peas for about one minute, drain and transfer to an ice water bath for 15 seconds. Remove from the water and drain.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, carefully peel them. Dice the potatoes and add them to a large bowl. Combine with the chickpeas, green peas, red onion, and garlic.
- Prepare the sauce. In a blender, combine the cilantro, cashews, water, jalapeño, lemon juice, turmeric, paprika, cumin, coriander, and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the sauce over the potato mixture and mix gently until the ingredients are all coated with sauce. Garnish with additional cilantro and serve.