Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Bowls
Simplify your morning routine with these easy make ahead breakfast bowls.
Read Betsy's full post here.
- 2 1/4 pounds red Idaho® potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ of a large yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Optional garnish: avocado, cilantro, thinly sliced green onions, hot sauce, salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with onion and olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even browning.
- n a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet over low heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour in egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly until eggs are fluffy and cooked through.
- Divide potatoes and eggs evenly among 4 bowls. Top with a slice of cheese and preferred garnish. Enjoy!
- If freezing breakfast bowls, cool all elements completely. Divide potatoes evenly across 4 airtight, freezer-proof containers. Top with a slice of cheese. Divide eggs evenly and spoon on top of the cheese. Seal and freeze.
- To reheat, loosen the container lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Add toppings and enjoy!
Breakfast bowls will last in freezer 7-10 days