Idaho® Potato Crusted Red Snapper with Potato and Brussels Sprout Hash
Potato and Brussels Sprout Hash
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved and quartered, core removed
- 1 Idaho® Russet potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup green Vidalia onions, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cups crookneck squash, cut in half and soft seed center discarded, outer part cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup rich chicken stock, degreased
- Black pepper, freshly cracked, to taste
Idaho Potato Crusted Red Snapper
- 6 Red Snapper fillets, 6 ounces each
- 5 Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, freshly grated (Parmesan may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely minced
- Place all ingredients in large sauté pan and cover.
- Cook over high heat and bring just to a boil.
- Remove lid and continue to cook over high heat until all liquid is completely reduced and vegetables are tender, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Stir and season to taste with cracked pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add grated potatoes and boil for 30 seconds then drain. Plunge into an ice bath and drain immediately. Spread the potatoes on a plate or baking sheet to dry. Toss with the melted butter, salt and pepper, cheese and lemon zest. Coat each fish fillet with grated potato, lightly pressing potato with fingertips.
- Place the potato crusted fish on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast fish for 15-20 minutes in the oven until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with Potato Brussels Sprout Hash.