Potato and Salsify Gratin with Black Truffle and Gruyére
- 1 lb. Idaho® Potatoes, peeled
- 1 lb. salsify, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 oz. butter
- 6 oz. Gruyére, grated
- 1 oz. black truffles, fresh, frozen or canned, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dice potatoes into 3/4" cubes; dice salsify into 3/4" discs. In simmering, salted water, blanch potatoes about 7 minutes and salsify 8 - 10 minutes, separately, until both are tender. Drain and reserve. Reduce cream by one-third. Off heat, stir in butter; set aside to cool.
- Combine potatoes, salsify, cream, 4 oz. grated gruyére, truffles, garlic, salt and pepper. Layer mixture into buttered, 1 1/2- quart earthenware baking dish; top with remaining 2 oz. grated gruyére. Bake at 375°F until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Frozen cubed potatoes can be used instead of the fresh Idaho® Potatoes in this recipe.
This recipe is served with items such as beef filets at mk.