Idaho® Potato Cheesy Herb Bites
- 6 Idaho® Russet Potatoes (about 6 oz each)
- 2 T Canola Oil
- 1 T Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 T Butter
- 2 Large Onions (about 8 oz each), vertically sliced
- 12 oz Goat Cheese Roll, well chilled
- Lox or Smoked Salmon, thinly sliced
- Capers, drained and dried
- Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- Sour Cream
- Dill Sprigs
- Snipped Chives
- Rainbow Micro Greens
- Heat oven to 350°F (convection) or 375°F (conventional).
- Scrub potatoes, do not peel. Cut potatoes crosswise at a slight diagonal to make (36) 1/4-inch slices.
- Toss potatoes in a bowl with oil, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to evenly coat. Spread in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Roast 15-20 minutes until just cooked through. Cool.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet. Cook onion over low heat stirring occasionally until onion is soft and deep golden-brown, 20-30 minutes. Keep warm until ready to prepare appetizers.
- Per order: Slice goat cheese into approximately 3/8-inch disks, using a thin sharp knife dipped in hot water. Clean knife after each slice. If needed, place cheese in freezer for 10 minutes to firm before slicing.
- Place one disk of cheese on each potato slice. Top with about 1 teaspoon caramelized onions, choice of garnishes and an optional 1/2 teaspoon dollop of sour cream.