Idaho® Potato Breakfast Scramble
Literally a "one-skillet dish," Idaho® Potato Breakfast Scramble is quick, convenient and tasty.
- 4 strips turkey bacon
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (including green tops)
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup instant mashed Idaho® potato flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grill or campfire fitted with cooking rack. In a large, heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and stir to scramble, about 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and cook, stirring, until very hot but not boiling. Add instant mashed potatoes and stir until they reach desired consistency. For a thicker mixture, add more instant mashed potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
Yield: 4 Servings
Sodium: 512 g
Fat: 13 g
Protein: 20 g
Cholesterol: 440 mg