Idaho® Potato Salad Deviled Eggs
- 1 pound (about 16) petite Red or Gold Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup rough chopped hard salami
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon Kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 hard cooked eggs, shells removed and cooled
- ½ cup celery, chopped fine
- Cornichons, sliced thin
- Picked pearl onions, cut in fourths
- Fresh parsley leaves or fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place potatoes in a medium bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt; toss to coat. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake until tender when pierced, about 20 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make salad base by pulsing together salad base ingredients in a food processor. Start with the salami and pulse until rough chopped and then add other ingredients ending with eggs. Pulse until just incorporated. Avoid over chopping; mix thoroughly but maintain small pieces of salami, celery and olives. Reserve to side for assembly.
- Cut cooked potatoes in half crosswise. Carefully scoop out a teaspoon or so of potato pulp from each half and add to medium bowl, leaving potato “shells” intact.
- Smash the potato pulp with a potato masher or back of a fork. Fold in salad base and cut celery into the smashed Taste and adjust seasonings and texture to your preference. (If you prefer creamier filling, add more mayonnaise and pulse another minute.)
- Assemble canapés by spooning salad base mixture generously into each potato shell and topping with desired garnish. Enjoy!