Idaho® Potato and Jarlsberg Lite Gratin
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 large Idaho Potatoes (approximately 9 ounces each), peeled
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces, fresh asparagus, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red sweet pepper
- 4 ounces Jarlsberg Lite Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Coat a 1 1/2-quart casserole or 4 - 6 individual ovenproof ramekins with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, bring milk and butter to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Meanwhile, slice potatoes into 1/8-inch thick rounds. When milk reaches a boil, drop slices into milk. Add garlic, bring to boiling then reduce heat to medium low; simmer, partly covered with a lid 8 minutes. Add asparagus and simmer 4 minutes more. Add red pepper and simmer another minute.
- Pour half the potato mixture into prepared casserole, filling casserole halfway OR divide mixture among prepared ramekins, filling each halfway. Sprinkle with cheese, reserving 2 tablespoons for topping. Pour on remaining potato mixture and top with reserved cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.