Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Potato Crust
This is a fast and easy recipe that the kids can help with. And it's way healthier than buying processed chicken nuggets. Have fun with the recipe and use any variety of Idahoan dehydrated Mashed Potatoes to change up the flavors!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz Idahoan Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a shallow dish.
- Pour the beaten eggs into a shallow dish next to the flour.
- Pour the Idahoan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato flakes in a shallow dish next to the eggs.
- Place a baking sheet next to the dishes.
- Working with one piece at a time, roll the chicken in the flour to coat.
Move the chicken to the eggs and coat, letting excess drip off.
- Then toss the chicken in the potato flakes to coat.
- Place the chicken nugget on the baking sheet. Repeat with all of the pieces.
- Bake the nuggets for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven, flip with a spatula, and return to oven for another 7 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.