DeAnne Wilkins of Idaho Falls, Idaho saves space on her stove top by cooking her famous Garlic Idaho Potatoes on the family grill.
- 3 medium (6 - 8 ounces each) Idaho Potatoes, well scrubbed
- cooking spray
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a loaf pan or small casserole dish with cooking spray. Slice potatoes (with skins on) into the pan or dish. Season with pepper.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, sauté butter with chopped onion and garlic salt for 5 minutes, or until onions are soft. Pour onion mixture over the potatoes.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Or, place pan on a medium-hot grill for 20 - 25 minutes.