Garden Potato Salad w/Jalapeno Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 1 Medium Jalapeno Pepper, seeded* and diced
- 1/4 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, (Freshly squeezed from a half of a lemon)
- Salt to taste
- Garden Potato Salad
- 5-6 Idaho® Yukon Gold, washed, and cut into 1 inch cubes, and boil til fork tender
- 1 Small Orange Pepper, diced
- 1 Small Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Yellow Squash, thickly sliced rounds and then quarter cut each round
- 1 Large Roma Tomato, thickly sliced and then quartered
- 1/2 Cup of fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all of vinaigrette ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Cover bowl and allow the flavors to come together in the frig**.
- In a small bowl add diced onions and lemon juice and let sit while potatoes are cooking.***
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, add potatoes and cook until they are fork tender (5-10minutes). Once potatoes are done, drain and rinse in cold water and drain again. Gently mix in a large bowl cooled potatoes, squash, tomatoes, red onions, orange peppers, along with jalapeno honey mustard vinaigrette. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Finally, add the parsley to the salad and serve.
- * If you want more spice kick in the vinaigrette, leave some or all seeds. The heat of the jalapeno and all hot peppers are in the seeds.
- ** The longer the vinaigrette sits in the frig the more levels of flavors are pulled together. The vinaigrette can actually be made a day or two before you are ready to serve.
- *** Adding the lemon juice to the diced onions actually take the onion-y bite out of the onion. So it won’t be as strong, but it will still add flavor to the salad.