Potato Spinach And Feta Strata
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 large Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced ⅛-inch thick
- 1 (1 pound) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 11x7-inch baking dish with a tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Roll spinach up in several layers of paper towels and twist to remove excess moisture.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes to partially cook. Gently pour into a colander to drain.
- Cover bottom of prepared baking dish with half the potato slices. Sprinkle with half the feta and all of the spinach. Sprinkle with half the cheddar.
- Cover spinach with remaining potato slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining feta, cheddar, and thyme.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet and bake until top is golden brown and strata is heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool 6-8 minutes before cutting and serving.
Yield: 8-12 servings