Cream of Potato-Carrot Soup
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 5 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 6 tablepoons butter
- 2 32-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup milk (or more if desired)
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- In cooker melt butter. Add potatoes and carrots, stirring frequently on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and cumin.
- Close lid, bring to high pressure, then lower heat and pressure cook for 12 minutes. Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions, open lid and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree soup mixture in batches in blender or food processor with milk, bringing to a creamy consistency.
- Return pureed soup to cooker, heat until hot.
- When serving, add a dollop of sour cream to soup and stir.
Yield: 8 servings
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)