‘Confit’ Fingerling Potatoes
- 6 pounds Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves
- 1 pint crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water with bay leaves and thyme until tender, about 6 minutes depending on size of potatoes. Drain and cool completely.
- Flash-fry potatoes in 425°F oil until golden brown and crisp. Drain.
- To prepare Potato Cream: Stir together crème fraiche and remaining ingredients. Keep chilled.
- Place a portion of Fingerling potatoes on serving plate or individual skillet.
- Reheat briefly. Dollop potatoes with about 2-3 tablespoons Potato Cream. Garnish with additional herbs.
Lush Fish Restaurant, Atlanta, GA