- 2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, peeled*
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
- Shred the potatoes into a large mixing bowl; drain off any liquid. Add the flour, baking powder and salt; stir to combine. Add onion and egg; mix well.
- In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, spoon potato mixture into skillet, using about 2 tablespoons per pancake. (Skillet should hold about 4 pancakes at a time.) Flatten mixture slightly with a spatula. Cook pancakes 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes or until golden brown, crisp and cooked through.
- Remove pancakes from the skillet, then transfer them to a serving platter and keep warm in a 300° F oven until serving.
- Cook remaining pancakes in batches, using 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet for each batch. Serve pancakes with sour cream, if desired.
Time Saving Tip: *A 4-ounce package of skillet hash browns may be substituted for the fresh potatoes. Follow package directions for rehydrating the potatoes, then drain them and proceed with the recipe.