Cali-Tater Kickin Chicken Crunch
- 4 cups of Idaho® Mashed Potato Flakes
- Milk per package directions
- Butter per package directions
- 1 stick of margarine
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 4 teaspoons of garlic salt with parsley
- 1 whole sweet orange bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, cut up
- Cheddar cheese (enough to cover casserole dish)
- 2 ounces of Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Jalapeños
- 2 ounces of garlic crispy onions
- Prepare Idaho® Mashed Potato Flakes as directed on box with milk, butter, and margarine.
- Boil one cauliflower about 10 minutes (make sure you only boil the white part).
- Remove from heat and add two tablespoons margarine and garlic salt to taste, then mash with a potato masher.
- Remove seeds and stem from orange bell pepper and cut. Cut 1/4 of a sweet onion, put in a small pan with olive oil or canola oil and cook for about 1 minute. Add mashed potatoes, cauliflower, bell pepper and chicken breasts.
- Mix together and spread evenly in a casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cook for about 30 minutes in 350º in oven. Take out of oven and top with 2 oz. of Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Jalapeños and 2 oz. of garlic crispy onion.
- Serve and eat.
Yield: 8 servings