Stuffed Potato Ingredients:
- 15 Idaho® Russet potatoes, unpeeled
- Cheddar Béchamel (see below)
- Bone Marrow (see below)
- 4 eggs, beaten, for egg wash
- nutmeg, ground, to taste
- truffle oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- summer truffles, shaved, for garnish
Cheddar Béchamel Ingredients:
- 150 grams butter
- 150 grams rendered foie gras fat or duck fat
- 2 bay leaves
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 1600 milliliters milk
- 150 grams fontina, shredded
- 150 grams cheddar, shredded
- 600 grams onions, caramelized
- 100 grams canned truffles, chopped
Bone Marrow Ingredients:
- 500 grams bone marrow
- 20 grams smoked paprika
Stuffed Potato Directions:
- Bake potatoes in a 340°F oven until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes. Split potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out potatoes, saving skins. Run potato flesh through a food mill.
- In a mixer add potato, béchamel and marrow. Whip on medium speed until combined and season with nutmeg, truffle oil and salt to taste. Pipe mixture into skins using a pastry bag with fluted tip. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 375°F until golden, about 10-15 minutes. Garnish with shaved
Cheddar Béchamel Directions:
- Melt the butter and foie fat with bay leaves in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add flour and make a roux (no color). Add milk slowly. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow to thicken. Fold in cheese, then fold in onions and truffles.
Bone Marrow Directions:
- Toss bone marrow in paprika and smoke for 20 minutes. Whip in a mixer on medium speed until emulsified.