- 2 teaspoons garam masala (prepared the day before)
- 3 Idaho® potatoes, 100 ct.
- 5 ounces diced yellow onions
- 1/4 teaspoon soy salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup green chili peppers, pre-diced (canned, not drained)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, (canned, not drained)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup red kidney beans (canned, not drained)
- 1/4 cup tap water
- Prepare vegetables: Large diced potatoes with skin on, dice onions.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onions and 1/4 teaspoon of cumin to the oil. Stir together and cook until onions become soft, golden and translucent.
- Add coriander, turmeric, ginger, garlic, chilies, tomatoes and salt. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower florets, beans and water. Ensure that the potatoes are covered with the sauce. Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cooked. (Ensure that product reaches an internal temperature of 140° F for 15 seconds.)
- Add garam masala and stir. Pan up immediately, cover, and hold at least an hour before serving. (Maintain temperature at 140° F or above during holding and serving.)