24 Dinner’s 24 Hash
- 1 ½ pounds Idaho® potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 4 ounces bacon
- 4 ounces sausage
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 425°F.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from the pan and let cool slightly, then chop. Pour off the fat from the pan, but don’t wipe clean. Add the sausage to the pan, and cook over medium high heat, breaking up any large chunks. Cook until thoroughly cooked through. Drain the sausage, set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil or leftover bacon fat to the pan and heat over medium high heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and sauté until tender. Add the chopped bacon and sausage, cook for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, sauté until the potatoes begin to show color, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat. Add cheese and gently mix. Crack eggs on top of the mixture and place pan into the oven. Bake 8-10 minutes until the whites are set, but the yolks are still runny. Garnish with the green onion. Serve immediately.