Recipe Photo Contest Official Rules And Guidelines
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS OFFERED IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”). DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN THE UNITED STATES OR D.C. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE GOVERNED, CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO IDAHO LAW.
IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION RECIPE PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by Idaho Potato Commission (herein “Sponsor”)
SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, Idaho Potato Commissioners, and agencies, agents and employees of the State of Idaho and all other service agencies involved with design, execution or fulfillment of this Contest, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as parents, children, siblings, and spouse) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to enter or participate in any manner.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER: Each entry period for the Contest is approximately two months in length (“Contest Period”). A new set of Contest recipes (up to ten per Contest Period) and the deadline for submitting entries will be announced at the start of every Contest Period on the designated web page for the Contest on www.idahopotato.com.
Follow these instructions for entering the Contest:
- Prepare the recipe(s) using Idaho® potatoes. Take an original digital photograph(s) of your dish(es) using a digital camera.
- Save the photograph(s) to your computer, then upload them to the www.idahopotato.com website using the designated Contest entry form.
- Each individual may enter up to three (3) photographs for each recipe. Please do not submit more than three photos per recipe; only the first three photos submitted per recipe will be considered and any additional photos will not be considered. Each individual may submit entries for up to ten (10) recipes in any given Contest Period. Your entry must be in a .jpg format and must not exceed 2 MB in size.
Winners will be announced around the first week of the month following each Contest Period.
Entrant may only enter photographs to which he/she owns all the legal rights and has not received any awards in the past. We define winning as having won a grand prize. Photographs that have been originally published by another person and/or in magazines and newspapers are not eligible. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including copyright, are not eligible.
During and throughout the aforementioned Contest timeframe, any winning Entry and associated Entrant must be in compliance with the Official Rules prior to being awarded any of the designated prizes.
JUDGING: Entries will be judged by a panel of experts appointed by the Sponsor based on the following criteria:
- Overall appeal (34%)
- Quality of composition (33%)
- Prominence of potatoes (33%)
PRIZES AND ODDS: Each month, one $500 cash prize will be awarded to one winner per recipe photograph. A single participant may be awarded for multiple winning photographs. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of entries received. Winners will be notified by email and/or by telephone on the Contest entry form. All winners will be asked to complete a W-9 form and affidavit. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or its competitors, Administrator, any other person or party affiliated with the Contest or any other person or entity;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, for advertising, promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor has the right to post any or all of the Submissions at random on the Website as examples; posting any given Submission is in no way indicative that the Submission will be selected as a winner. Entrant represents and warrants that entrant’s Submission is original and created solely by entrant and that the exercise of the rights granted by Entrant to Sponsor shall not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrants will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach or alleged breach of these terms by Entrant.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an online entrant, such Entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Neither Sponsor, Administrator, nor its agencies are responsible for late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, or non-delivered entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor, Administrator, nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Web site.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or Web site, tamper with the voting process, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with entrants other than the Winner.