Idaho Potato Tailgate Recipe Contest with Heather Cox Rules and Regulations
The Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) is kicking off the college football season on Monday, October 19 with a recipe contest to get fans excited about tailgating with Idaho® potatoes all season long. In partnership with college football reporter Heather Cox, the IPC invites football and spuds fans to submit an original game day recipe that features Idaho® potatoes in a prominent and creative way for a chance to win a trip to the Famous Idaho® Potato Bowl.
Show us how Idaho® potatoes power your game day. To support the Famous Idaho® Bowl, this recipe contest aims to showcase the versatility and flavor of Idaho® potatoes and the creativity of spud fans across the country.
Consumers are encouraged to submit their best Idaho® potato tailgating recipe to the IPC’s website between October 19 – November 20, 2015 for consideration. Recipes can represent any day part – from appetizers and snacks to desserts as long as they are created with game day in mind.
Each consumer may submit up to five (5) original recipes using Idaho® potatoes as a main ingredient for a chance to win one of several prizes (submission rules and regulations listed below):
- Grand Prize – All-expense paid trip to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (includes round-trip airfare for two, two nights at a luxury hotel, $1,000 spending money) where they will receive box tickets and a private behind-the-scenes tour of the stadium and broadcasting area with college football sideline reporter Heather Cox. Or, winner can elect to receive a $5,000 cash prize.
- Runners Up – Five (5) runners up will each receive $500 cash.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Contest Entry Period- Contest entry begins October 19, 2015. Entries must be received by November 20, 2015 at 11:59 PM (ET). Submit recipe and contact information, including email address, via the submission form found here.
Prize Winners- All winners will be notified by email by December 7, 2015.
There is no cost to enter. Participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of submission to enter. State and local restrictions, if any, apply.
Recipes can be from any menu category as long as they meet the recipe requirements below. The recipes will be judged on use of Idaho® potatoes, creativity, taste and flavor, and ease of preparation.
The Idaho Potato Commission Tailgating with Heather Cox Recipe Contest will consist of one round of submissions.
- Each recipe must be original; created and owned exclusively by the contestant submitting the recipe, and previously unpublished.
- Idaho® Potatoes must be the only potatoes used in the recipe.
- Idaho® Potatoes must be an integral part of the dish.
- Recipes must be submitted with the full list of ingredients, instructions, and number of servings (four servings suggested). The contestant’s name and email address must also be submitted.
All entrants and recipes must meet the above-stated requirements to be eligible for judging. Entrants and/or recipe entries failing to meet these criteria will be disqualified. It is up to the contestant submitting the recipe to make sure it is accurate and complete.
All recipes will be submitted to the Idaho Potato Commission for initial review. An appointed team of Idaho Potato Commission representatives will judge and select the winning recipes.
The Idaho Potato Commission team will evaluate the top 10 submissions and select the top five (5) recipes based on judging criteria. The decision regarding the top 5 is final. The Idaho Potato Commission will notify the four (4) finalists and one (1) grand prize winner by December 7. The decision regarding the grand prize winner is final.
Recipes will be judged and assigned points (max 25 points) from the following criteria:
- Creativity/originality (max 5 points)
- Use of Idaho® Potatoes (max 5 points)
- Ease of preparation (max 5 points)
- Taste/Flavor (max 5 points)
- Tailgating appropriateness (max 5 points)
Entrants have the right to ask for their score when the winners have been announced and may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, the decisions of the judges are final.
Rights in Submissions:
By entering a recipe in the 2015 Idaho Potato Tailgate Recipe Contest, each entrant hereby represents and warrants that the recipe submitted is the sole property of the entrant and that there are no other rights or claims to the recipe by any other person. Entrant hereby grants to the Idaho® Potato Commission or its designee a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, edit, modify, adapt or display the recipe, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised without any further right of approval by or compensation to the entrant.
Entrant agrees that the Idaho Potato Commission or its designees may publish, or cause to be published, the undersigned’s name, city and likeness in any form or publication selected by the Idaho Potato Commission in its sole discretion, without compensation.
Grand Prize Details and Conditions:
Providing a unique and first class experience for student athletes, coaches, administration and fans is the hallmark of the Famous Idaho® Potato Bowl. Beginning in 1997, the bowl’s mission has always been to showcase the beauty and hospitality of Boise, Idaho, while also honoring players off the field efforts. The bowl organization prides itself in offering a positive, safe and memorable week of events and competitive post-season championship game for two outstanding conferences.
Grand Prize Includes:
- Airfare: Roundtrip Coach Airfare (with allowance for two checked bags)
- Hotel Accommodations: Two (2) consecutive nights at a TBD luxury hotel in Boise, Idaho
- Local ground transportation
- Spending Allowance: $1,000 that will be available in the form of a Visa gift card in the amount of $1,000 upon check-in at the hotel.
- Event: Two (2) Tickets to VIP seats and a private behind-the-scenes tour with Heather Cox
Grand Prize Estimated value $5,000
The prize is non-transferable. If the winner cannot attend the Famous Idaho® Potato Bowl, they can opt for the $5,000 cash prize instead.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Idaho Potato Commission is not responsible for misdirected, lost, late, illegible, forged, destroyed, incomplete, or entries not otherwise in compliance with the Rules (and such entries will be disqualified).
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to any computer or software-related problem, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Idaho Potato Commission, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Idaho Potato Commission reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who causes any such problem, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. The Idaho Potato Commission assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Idaho Potato Commission is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Idaho Potato Commission on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Eligible Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If a dispute arises regarding who submitted Recipe, the Recipe will be deemed submitted by the Eligible Entrant in whose name the entry was made.
- By entering the Contest, each Eligible Entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, by binding arbitration pursuant to the streamlined JAMS rules for commercial disputes; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs, associated with entering the Contest, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; (iii) the Idaho Potato Commission or its designee a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, edit, modify, adapt or display the recipe, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised without any further right of approval by or compensation to the entrant; (iv) the Idaho Potato Commission or its designees may publish, or cause to be published, the undersigned’s name, city and likeness in any form or publication selected by the Idaho Potato Commission in its sole discretion, without compensation and (v) under no circumstances will any Eligible Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Eligible Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all right or have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Eligible Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Idaho Potato Commission, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys and consultants are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to any cause, including out limitation human transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, with the Idaho Potato Commission, or otherwise, that may limit an Eligible Entrant's ability to participate in the Contest (ii) any injury or damage resulting from participation in the Contest and/or the use or misuse of the Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to person injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Eligible Entrant's rights of publicity or privacy, or the Eligible Entrant's claim that he has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light on use by the Idaho Potato Commission its successors or assigns of any Recipe submitted by any person).
- This Contest shall be governed under the Laws of the State of Idaho. Any dispute arising under this Contest shall be venued in Ada County, Idaho and Eligible Entrant herby submits to this jurisdiction of such court.
- The Idaho Potato Commission does not assume any responsibility for any schedule changes in the Contest timeline, including without limitation, scheduling conflicts, labor strikes, Acts of God, and other unforeseen events that disrupt the Contest schedule. The Idaho Potato Commission reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest, as the Idaho Potato Commission may determine in its sole discretion.
Winners will be required to sign and return a Waiver and Affidavit of Eligibility form before collecting their prizes.
WINNERS LIST: The names of the recipe contest winners may be obtained from the Idaho Potato Commission on its website at www.idahopotatoes.com or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Idaho Potato Commission & Commission
661 South Rivershore Lane, Suite 230
Eagle, ID 83616