Twice Baked Idaho® Potato with Truffles and Cheddar
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Irish cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced thin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 4 tablespoons sour cream for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons black truffle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Scrub the Idaho® potatoes under cold, running water
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and bake on a sheet tray uncovered in the oven for 1 hour
- Let the potatoes cool just long enough to handle. Slice potatoes lengthwise. (It is best not to slice in half but about 3/4 of the way from either side.)
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato and put it through the medium blade of a food mill
- Add half & half, sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, melted butter, chopped truffle and scallions to the potatoes. Gently mix the ingredients together. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Spoon or pipe the potato mixture into empty potato shells
- Top the potatoes with the remaining grated cheddar cheese, truffle oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano. At this point, the potatoes can be loosely covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to bake the potatoes, heat the oven to 375°F. Bake the potatoes for 35-40 minutes or until the top is a nice golden brown. Serve immediately.