Tri-Color Lemony Idaho® Potato Salad
- 2 pounds assorted colored Idaho® fingerling potatoes, e.g. purple Peruvian, rose, and yellow
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ - ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 large shallots, finely sliced
- zest of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in pot of salted water over medium-high heat. Cook until knife tender, then drain. The amount of time will depend on the size of the potatoes, so start checking after 10 minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette while the potatoes cook: In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
- Peel purple and rose potatoes (leave skins on if they are tender). Cut into small cubes.
- Add cubed potatoes, celery, shallots and lemon zest to the bowl with vinaigrette. Toss until fully coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.