Spiralized Idaho® Potato and Fennel Kugel
- 1 pound Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 1 large fennel bulb, stalks and outer layer removed
- 1 medium yellow onion
- ¼ cup potato flour
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable or avocado oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat your oven to 400 ° F.
- Using a vegetable spiral slicer (Spiralizer) with the ‘B’ blade inserted, slice the potatoes, fennel and onions. Depending on the size of your fennel, you made need to cut it in half before spiralizing.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the potato flour, eggs, oil, leaves from the thyme sprigs, salt and pepper and toss again until completely coated.
- Divide the mix between 2 – 12 cup muffin tins, filling them to the top but not packing each cup tight.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 to finish baking for 25 minutes or until the tops are crispy brown and inside is soft and tender.
- Let cool in the muffin tins for 5 minutes before running a small offset spatula to release them from the pan.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 14 individual kugels