Salmon & Shiitake Idaho® Potato Hash
- 6 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and quartered
- 1 tsp Garlic, one clove peeled & finely chopped
- 3 cups Idaho potatoes, cooked & peeled
- 1-3/4 lb. Salmon, cooked or smoked, skinned, boned and flaked
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place 1/2 of the oil in a heavy skillet over high heat, and when hot, add the onion and sauté until slightly crunchy, 3-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Remove to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil, bring to medium heat, and add the potatoes. Cook until the edges are just crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix with the reserved onions, and add the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste with the salt and pepper, and mix well, but do not pack the mixture.
- Return the mixture to a skillet, and cook over medium heat, tossing to prevent the hash from sticking. Remove to a warm plate, and serve.
- Garnish the hash with anything you like best, from sour cream to poached eggs, salmon caviar, chopped scallions and serve over bitter greens such as sautéed Swiss Chard.