Roasted Idaho® Potatoes and Ham with Caramelized Onion Dip
- 2 pounds Idaho® Red Potatoes
- 2 red beets
- 1 golden beet
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound ¼ inch thick sliced cooked ham
- 1 pound asparagus (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup caramelized onions (how to Caramelize Onions HERE)
- 1 tablespoon golden brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F degrees.
- Slice potatoes and beets ⅜" thick then cut with small heart cookie cutter.*
- Toss in olive oil.
- Lightly oil baking sheet.
- Place potatoes and beets in a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crisp, turning them over after 10 minutes.
- Cut ham with cookie cutter and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet with asparagus and bake 10 minutes, or until asparagus in tender. (if you are using thick asparagus, place them on one baking sheet, and the ham on another as the ham won't need that long to heat up).
- In food processor or blender mix sour cream, caramelized onions, mustard, horseradish and salt and pepper until smooth.
Tip *leftover cuttings from potatoes can be baked on a baking sheet or cut up and used for hash browns.