Roasted Idaho® Potato Bacon Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds Idaho® red potatoes
- 2 1/2 ounces canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces Roasted Idaho® Potato Salad Dressing (see below)
- 2 ounces red onions, sautéed in balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/4 ounces bacon, cooked, julienned
- 1 ounce fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- Roasted Idaho® Potato Salad Dressing
- (Makes 4 quarts of dressing, which is enough to prepare this recipe 8 times. Refrigerate and use and needed.)
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 12 ounces balsamic vinegar, white
- 14 ounce Dijon mustard, country-style
- 5 pounds mayonnaise
- 2 2/3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- Cut potatoes into wedges, then toss potatoes with canola oil, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Roast potatoes in oven preheated to 385° F with low fan for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown in color. Place on cooling rack and allow potatoes to cool before mixing with other ingredients.
- Place roasted potato salad dressing into a separate bowl. Fold in balsamic vinegar and onions, julienned bacon and chopped parsley until fully incorporated. Add potatoes and gently toss to thoroughly mix without breaking potatoes apart.
- Combine brown sugar and white balsamic dressing. Mix in remaining ingredients and whisk until completely blended. Reserve, refrigerated.
Yield: 12 servings