Roasted Idaho® Potato, Asparagus and Fontina Crustless Quiche For One
You certainly won’t miss this crust in this lovely Idaho® Potato, Asparagus and Fontina Crustless Quiche For One. Potatoes, asparagus, onions and garlic roasted to perfection then mixed with eggs, cream and Fontina cheese. Perfect for brunch or dinner.
- ¾ cup diced red-skinned Idaho® Potatoes
- ¾ cup chopped fresh asparagus, stalks removed
- ½ cup thickly sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded Fontina cheese (about 4-ounces)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Scatter the potatoes, asparagus, onions and garlic on a baking sheet.
- Top with olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ⅛ teaspoon of the black pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Gently fold in the roasted vegetables and pour into lightly greased 5-inch baking dish or dish of a similar size.
- Bake until quiche is puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.