Potato Waffle Benedict
- 2 Idaho® Russet potatoes, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons Spanish onion, coarsely grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup flour
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 poached eggs for serving
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups spinach, blanched in salted hot water, squeezed of moisture, puréed
- ½ cup onions, caramelized
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, salt, pepper and baking powder in a food processor and mix until combined.
- Spray a waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, then pour the batter in and cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To assemble, place 3 poached eggs on top of the waffles. Liberally drizzle the sauce over the eggs. Serve immediately.
- Reduce cream by half in a large frying pan over medium heat, then add remaining ingredients, stirring until well incorporated. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Yield: 2 servings (4 eggs 4 waffles)