Idaho Potato Dumplings
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Instant Mashed Idaho Potatoes (dry flakes)
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 5 cups simmering salted water
- In large mixing bowl combine water, salt, milk and butter. Gently stir in potatoes just to moisten; let sit for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl mix together biscuit mix, baking powder and egg. Add to potato mixture; blend well.
- Roll into walnut size balls. Drop into 5 cups of simmering salted water. When potato biscuit balls float, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Variations: Use in beef and chicken stews or broths. Add fruit to dough and top with vanilla or lemon sauce.