Idaho® Mashed Potato Medley
- 4 lbs Idaho® potatoes
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons White pepper
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2/3 cup Milk
- Peel potatoes and cook covered in water until they can be broken apart with a fork.
- Mash potatoes and add all ingredients.
- Combine well.
- Serve with butter, or gravy.
- Combine a pinch of saffron threads in 1/2 cup water, chicken stock, white wine or milk. Reduce to a few tablespoons or until mixture is the desired color. For each cup Idaho Mashed Potatoes add 2 teaspoons saffron reduction.
- For each cup Idaho Mashed Potatoes add 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped spinach and 1 teaspoon crumbled feta. If desired, add a little tapenade (olive paste) to taste.
- For each cup Idaho Mashed Potatoes add 1 teaspoon chopped green onions, 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and 2 teaspoons tomato juice or picante sauce. If desired, add cooked corn kernels, minced chorizo or diced avocado.