Potato Crusted Alaskan Cod In Spicy Zucchini Pepita Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 poblano chile, stem removed and chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup half and half
- 4 4-inch pieces Alaskan Cod (about 1 pound)
- 2 Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced with a mandolin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium pan over medium flame, melt butter. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add Poblano chile and zucchini. Continue to sauté for 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into sautéed mixture, and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour the entire pot of liquid and vegetables in a blender. Add in ⅛ cup pepitas and half and half. Blend until smooth.
- Set sauce to the side until ready to use.
- Arrange three thin potato slices on top of fish filet and sprinkle with and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over a medium-high flame heat vegetable oil.
- Place potato slice side of fish on the frying pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn filet over with a frying spatula and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange a layer of three paper thin potatoes slices to the top of the fish filet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes more or until potatoes are crisp on each side. Repeat with remaining fish filets.
- To serve: Pour 2 tablespoons of sauce on the bottom of serving plate then lay a slice of potato crusted fish on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining pepitas for garnish.