Amish Potato Salad
- 1 pound Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cubed (roughly 2 large potatoes)
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, add the Idaho® potatoes. Cook until soft but not overdone, roughly 10-12 minutes. Drain and cool 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, carrots, eggs, celery, and onion.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, paprika, and salt. Pour over the potato mixture and stir together. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Dust with paprika before serving, if desired.