Potato and Vegetable Hash
- 2 pounds assorted Idaho® Red and Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 bunch radish
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 2 large carrots
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 large eggs (optional)
- Scrub your potatoes and cut them into 1 inch to 1 ½ inch chunks. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoons avocado or grapeseed oil. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and place in a heated 400 degree oven. Roast potatoes for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, begin to prep the remaining vegetables. Trim and halve the radishes, slice the fennel, peel and cut the carrots into 1 inch chunks and clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add the halved radishes, sliced fennel and chunked carrots to the baking sheet. Drizzle another tablespoon of oil over top and using a spatula mix with the potatoes. Season again with salt and pepper to taste and add the sprigs of thyme. Place back in the oven to roast for another 25 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, mix around with a spatula again and top with the sliced mushrooms to finish cooking for the last 10-15 minutes, depending on how browned you would like the mushrooms to be.
- Remove from the oven, stir in the chopped bacon and divide amongst 4 plates. The hash can be served as a hearty side or if using the eggs, fry them sunny side up and top each plate with a fried egg for a complete meal.
Yield: 4 servings